Caterham Seven 620 R
The new Seven 620 R is the fastest road car we've ever made. It's not for the faint-hearted...
So the R500 was the best and fastest car we have made. It won more praise, awards and automotive group tests than we could even begin to mention here. It topped lap times charts, set a performance car bench mark and generally intimidated supercars. It was, by all accounts, a very succesful product. But times change, and having "enough power" is no longer enough. Performance barriers are a moving target and since the R500 was launched, the world caught up and in some cases moved the game on. So, how do you make one of the world's fastest performance cars just that little bit, well, faster?
The new Caterham Seven 620 R features a wide range of performance enhancements that will see it surpass the R500's legendary status and then some. By harnessing the technical prowess, sheer desire, experience and all round know-how of our crack team of engineers we've created a monster. A very special monster.
Lurking at the heart of the car is the same 2.0 litre engine as found in the R500. Except we Supercharged it. That's right, we have done the automotive equivalent of attaching a rocket to a missile. We've taken something really fast and made it really fast. Delivering a mighty 310bhp and a huge amount of torque, the 620 R is equipped with the sort of performance that is very hard to explain within the constraints of the English language or the laws of physics.
Furthermore, the car has been developed and honed to not only be capable of withstanding the power, but to harness it. With a entirely new sequential gearbox and uprated drive train coupled to newly developed suspension components the 620 R delivers more feel and handles better than anything we've ever built. We're rather proud of it. All this is coupled with weight saving measures and ergonomical improvements wherever possible, which has delivered a car that is truly at the top of its game. Hold on tight...
The Seven 620 R is available as a factory built car only, hand-built by our skilled team at our factory in Dartford, Kent.
- Caterham Seven 620 R
- Engine: Supercharged 2.0 litre Ford Duratec
- Max Power (bhp): 310 @ 7,700rpm
- Max Torque (lbs ft): 219 @ 7,350rpm
- Weight: 572kg
- 0-60mph: 2.79 seconds
- Power-to-weight: 568bhp-per-tonne
- Top speed: 155mph
- Supercharged 2.0 litre Ford Duratec
- Easyclean dry sump oil system
- Limited slip differential
- 6 Speed sequential gearbox
- De-Dion rear suspension
- Wide-track front wishbones
- High performance dampers
- Ventilated front brake discs + quad piston calipers
- Carbon fibre interior panels
- Carbon fibre front wings
- Carbon fibre rear wings
- Carbon fibre dashboard
- Driver focused switchgear and displays
- 13" Apollo alloy wheels with Avon ZZR tyres
- 4 point race harness
- Carbon fibre seats
- Push button start
- Gear display with shift up indicator
- Carbon aeroscreen
- Aero filler cap
- Black pack
- Momo quick-release steering wheel
- SV Chassis
- Full weather gear
- Interim catalyst bypass pipe
- Seats - Leather
- Seats - Carbon Leather
- Seats - Heated Carbon Seats with Padding
- Lowered floors (driver and passenger)
- Track day roll bar
- Fire extinguisher
- Battery master switch
- Large diameter trackday silencer